Re: Basic concepts

Kawe Shah-Hamzei (G.H.Shah-hamzei@lboro.ac.uk)
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 18:51:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi Leif,
To get started on Fuzzy I would recommend the following book:
--"An Introduction to Fuzzy Logic for Practical Aplications", by: Kazuo
Tananka, Translated by: Tak Niimura, Springer verlag, 1997, ISBN:
0-387-97807-4.

As far as the historical background of Fuzzy is concerned, the following
book has put together the history and development of Fuzzy in many
countries from early times and concepts:
"Fuzzy Logic", by Daniel McNeil and Paul Freiberger, Simon & Schuster
Publishers, 1993, ISBN: 0-671-73843-7.

Good luck
Kawe

A>------------------------------
>Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 20:02:34 +0200
>From: "Allstar" <escapen@hem2passagen.se>
>To: fuzzy-news@vexpert.dbai.tuwien.ac.at
>Subject: Basic concepts
>
>Hello,
>i'm a student at the Royal academy of technology in Stockholm. I'm gonna do
>a term-paper on fuzzy logic. I want to know if anybody has an idea of where
>i can get the basic concepts of fuzzy logic and an historical background. I
>know that there is a lot of poeple out there who can write it down and send
>me an e-mail and thats very nice of you. But that wont do me any good, my
>examinar wants hard facts that he can read in a book or in an article.
>//Leif Köldahl
>d97-lko@nada.kth.se
>>------------------------------

%%%%%
/ 0 0 \
====================oo0=(_)=0oo==================
||---------------------------------------------||
|| GHK Shah-Hamzei ||
|| Dipl.-Ing. MSc.Eng Stu Mem IEEE ||
|| Robotics & Intelligent Control ||
|| Dept. of Electronic and Electrical ||
|| Engineering ||
|| Loughborough University ||
|| Loughborough ||
|| Leics, LE11 3TU ||