Re: Uncertainty is uncertain!

David A. Fuess (fuess@llnl.gov)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 03:44:12 +0200 (MET DST)

"Hamid R. Tizhoosh" <hamid@pmt11.et.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

>But, I mean it is on time to
>develop a unique view within the fuzzy community. It is necessary
>because the general confusion should be eliminated at last.

Unfortunately, were are attempting to define uncertainty in a vague
language (US English). If we were working in a more precise language
(like German) then perhaps we could be more more certain in our
definition of uncertainty. Be mindful that the classical definitions
of the terms are also ill suited to the description of chaotic
systems. The essence of the argument for the determinist being that
the only difference between chaos and determinism is ones depth of
knowledge. (i.e. If you have enough detailed knowledge you can
accruately predict anything, e.g. the weather.)