Re: Functions defined by fuzzy rules

David A. Fuess (fuess@llnl.gov)
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 03:24:22 +0200 (MET DST)

Dimitri Lisin <dima@wpi.edu> wrote:

>That's the problem. The responses were either "why would you want to do
>this in the first place", or "I also want to know how to do this". So far
>the only sensible solution I have, is to use equal isosceles triangles for
>mambership funtions, which would approximate a function with streight line
>segments. I was kind of hoping to do better than that...
>
>Why can't I find anything about this in the literature?
>
> Dimay

Could it be that it's either a silly idea or the most profound
unrecognized discovery of the century? I've been working in this field
for a number of years now and have never had the need for fuzzy
functions. However, I did hear a presentation on the topic by Dr.
David Brubaker at the Embedded Systems Fuzzy Logic Conerence a few
years ago. You might look for the proceedings.

Dave