Re: Godel's Theorem under Fuzzy Logic?

Stan Rice (autospec@cruzio.com)
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 22:48:39 +0100 (MET)

Folks,
This (below) is hardly a mathematical point, but is it not true?--
Fuzzy gradations, no matter how fine the steps involved (let alone
only 10 steps,) come down in the end to binary distinctions. I.e. in
the end either "this degree" does or does not apply, is or is not
adequate to these criteria, is or is not alowed to trigger an action.
In other words, there is no distinction that is not bivalent, because
any distinction whatever is bivalent.
Can anyone show otherwise?

In other words, fuzzy is bivalent as long as it admits of distinction.
A more profound question is whether the consciousness in which
all distinctions appear actually supports them in the manner that
we imagine. Penrose seems right to me.
Cheers, Stan R