multiplying fuzzy numbers

Scott Ferson (scott@ramas.com)
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 22:40:29 +0100 (MET)

Multiplying fuzzy numbers in the sense Kaufmann and Gupta
can be implemented in many ways. Experience has shown
that the most practical is probably to discretize over several
alpha levels and treat each as an interval multiplication problem.

Software includes FuziCalc from FuziWare, a company in
Tennessee (although they may have gone out of business).
RAMAS Risk Calc does fuzzy arithmetic too, as well as
probability bounds analysis, in a convenient Windows 95
platform (see http://www.ramas.com/riskcalc.htm).

Scott Ferson <scott@ramas.com>
Applied Biomathematics, 516-751-4350, fax -3435