Re: Fuzzy Geometry and Topology

Hamid R. Tizhoosh (hamid@pmt11.et.uni-magdeburg.de)
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 02:58:55 +0100 (MET)

robertl1@home.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am looking at an application that might be approached using what I will call
> "Fuzzy" geometry. So I am wondering if such a subject exists? And do you have
> links to its literature?

Azriel Rosenfeld has introduced the fuzzy geometry in the late 70's.
Some researchers within the fuzzy community have apllied this idea
to develop new techniques for image processing (e.g. the use of fuzzy
compactness for image skeletonization by Sankar K. Pal).

> Has this been done yet? Can you provide me with some references?
> Also repeat this question for a Fuzzy Topology.

See the papers of Rosendfeld/Rosendfeld&Pal/Pal&Ghosh.
You can also find a brief list of references on following side:
http://pmt05.et.uni-magdeburg.de/~hamid/Literat.htm

Hamid R. Tizhoosh
University of Magdeburg, Germany
http://pmt05.et.uni-magdeburg.de/~hamid/