Re: Bivalent vs Fuzzy

Anthony Cowden (cowden@sonalysts.com)
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 01:47:18 +0100 (MET)

Dan Samber wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm currently BURIED under fuzzy logic books & articles that
> tell me of all the PHILOSOPHY behind fuzzy logic and even how
> to use it... all of which is great.
> What I'm looking for is (ideally) SEVERAL examples of how fuzzy
> logic is used in real applications AS COMPARED AND CONTRASTED WITH
> TRADITIONAL SOLUTIONS. Something that would hold my hand & walk me
> through the steps of design using both bivalent and fuzzy logic
> & demonstrate how fuzzy logic can yield benefits.
> I'm surprised that this is so difficult to find. I have both Kosko's
> and McNeil's books.... but I feel I MUST have this kind of compare &
> contrast presentation to REALLY get the "AHA!".
>
> Thanks
> --
> Dan Samber
> dan@camelot.mssm.edu
> Mount Sinai School of Medicine

Dan:

Watch our Web site this summer when we release Fuzzy Query (TM). I hope
to include in our marketing material contrasting examples of discrete
(bivalent) SQL queries as compared to fuzzy queries.

Tony

PS: Sorry for the delay... :)

--
***************** http://www.sonalysts.com/fuzzy.htm ******************
Anthony Cowden, Fuzzy Systems Solutions     tel (800) 526-8091 ext.419