Re: Looking for arguments in discussion around application of fuzzy logic

Giovanni Landman (gio@elektron.et.tudelft.nl)
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 15:27:16 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Anthony Cowden wrote:

> > >I'm looking for information and/or in the specific discussion
> > >whether to apply fuzzy logic or control to electrical engineering.
> > >
> Bill:
>
> You've hit on a good point: fuzzy IS a control paradigm, as opposed to
> "conventional" control theory. It is not, as the original author
> stated, "fuzzy OR control", it is "fuzzy control or conventional
> control".
>
> Tony

Yes of course, that's what I meant. As far as I've seen *so far* on the
internet, the choice only depends on: which method does give the best
results. The theoretical and especially mathematical background seems of
less importance.

Am I right?

Please let me know!

---