Re: Looking for arguments in discussion around application of fuzzy logic

Anthony Cowden (cowden@sonalysts.com)
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 14:24:37 +0100 (MET)

Giovanni Landman wrote:

> > Bill:
> >
> > You've hit on a good point: fuzzy IS a control paradigm, as opposed to
> > "conventional" control theory. It is not, as the original author
> > stated, "fuzzy OR control", it is "fuzzy control or conventional
> > control".
> >
> > Tony
>
> Yes of course, that's what I meant. As far as I've seen *so far* on the
> internet, the choice only depends on: which method does give the best
> results. The theoretical and especially mathematical background seems of
> less importance.
>
> Am I right?
>
> Please let me know!
>
> ---

> | | |
> | === |====| net: http://elektron.et.tudelft.nl/~gio/index.html (Dutch)
> |====| | Gio Productions (C) 1998.

I think cost of implementation and cost of maintenance are very
important also. If I spend more than I get back in return for achieving
a technically superior solution, why do it?

--
***************** http://www.sonalysts.com/fuzzy.htm ******************
Anthony Cowden, Fuzzy Systems Solutions     tel (800) 526-8091 ext.419