Re: looking for defuzzification code

Jonathan G Campbell (jg.campbell@ulst.ac.uk)
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 16:45:23 +0100 (MET)

Stephen Eaton wrote:

> G'day one and all,
>
> I am trying to 'roll' my own Fuzzy logic engine for Borland DELPHI
> (seeing that I can't seem to find any out there on the net), and I'm
> looking for some code snippets for defuzzification, preferably in
> Pascal or Delphi, but C(++) will also do. Pseudo code would also help
> me a great deal.

T. Masters, Neural Network recipes in C++, Academic Press, 1992.

has the makings of a complete fuzzy rule-base. He has fairly clever
implementations of fuzzy partitions and defuzzification. Although I do
not care for the high level design of his software, I found the
components and ideas mentioned tremendously helpful.

Based on Master's ideas, I have implemented a fuzzy-rule base in the C
language; I have a training algorithm based on the Mendel-Wang scheme.
If you find Masters hard to get, or want a second opinion, email me
privately.

Best regards,

Jon Campbell

--
Jonathan G Campbell Univ. Ulster Magee College Derry BT48 7JL N. Ireland
+44 1504 375367 JG.Campbell@ulst.ac.uk  http://www.infm.ulst.ac.uk/~jgc/