Re: image processing

Rafael Santos (santos@mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp)
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 16:42:32 +0100 (MET)

Dan B. Rasmussen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on a project where I have to identify spots on a digitized
> image. I am searching for literature and C/C++ libraries or source code
> for image processing that can detect and characterize contiguous pixels in
> the image that are to be grouped as one object.
>
> I would like to know if somebody is working in this area and where I can
> find such information.

You can get Khoros (http://www.khoral.com) that will give you plenty of
tools for image processing and the ability to create your own tools.

For that specific task a clustering or classification procedure could
help. I've developed a toolbox for image processing that could solve the
problem, but it runs under Khoros.

hope it helps
Rafael
All disclaimers apply, I don't speak for them, I just study here.
<http://www.mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp/cgi-bin/rafael> : my home page
<http://www.mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp/cgi-bin/japanese> : Japanese
Language Info
<http://www.mickey.ai.kyutech.ac.jp/~khoros21/>: Ejima Lab Khoros Pages