Re: JESUS IS THE LORD!!!!!

David Kastrup (dak@fsnif.neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 00:45:23 +0100 (MET)

fuess@llnl.gov (David A. Fuess) writes:

> "Kimberly-Clark Corporation" <gr@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Just a real good thought! I am really tired of people ...
>
> And just what has this to do with Fuzzy logic?

The use of hedges, modifying strength qualifiers. Things are not just
"a good thought" or not. They are "a real good thought" which I parse
as a somewhat crippled form of the hedge "really". Similarly notice
the use of "really tired".

While usually one would prefer the use of the hedge "very", the use of
"really" pinpoints a model of fuzziness referring to a probability
distribution of different observer universes, and "really" stresses a
larger correlation between the observed fact and the choice of an
observing universe in a more graphic way than the dry "very" could.

Hope this helps,

--
David Kastrup                                     Phone: +49-234-700-5570
Email: dak@neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de       Fax: +49-234-709-4209