Re: Suggestions for Fuzzy project

Bob John (rij@dmu.ac.uk)
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 15:25:00 +0200 (MET DST)

If you want to go this route lookm at the ANFIS approach by Jang
(available in MATLAB) for example - C code off the web

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997,
-= mike =- wrote:

> Mike Whooley wrote in message ...
>
> <snip>
>
> >I'd greatly appreciate suggestions for a possible
> >application of fuzzy logic or a specific area of
> >fuzzy logic to research.
>
> <snip>
>
> I am taking a course on machine learning right now (learning rules from
> data sets) and this is just *begging* for Fuzzy :) (probably some research
> going on in this field right now, but I havn't looked)
>
> What I am thinking of is something like making most (if not all) of the
> attributes
> of a set "fuzzy" instead of enumerated (e.g. weather data like "sunny",
> "cold" etc.
> would be perfect for fuzzification)
>
> good luck...
>
> ---
> mike
> mbwarren@acs.ucalgary.ca
> http://www.ucalgary.ca/~mbwarren

Robert John http://www.cms.dmu.ac.uk/~rij/
Principal Lecturer email : rij@dmu.ac.uk
School of Computing Sciences
De Montfort University `The things of the universe are not
The Gateway sliced off from one another with a
Leicester hatchet, neither the hot from
LE1 9BH the cold nor the cold from the hot.'
United Kingdom Anaxagoras