Re: Fuzzy Control Software

Anthony Cowden (cowden@sonalysts.com)
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 12:10:11 +0200 (MET DST)

laffy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Paul Lafferty, I am a graduate strudent at the University of
> Connecticut. I am working the developement for a controller for a Resin
> tranfer molding (RTM) process. Because of the complexity of theoretical
> similtition an alternative type of control scheme is requires to
> develope a controller which can make on line decisions. As a result I
> am considering the applications of Fuzzy Logic and Neural Networks. I
> have already begun ussing NN to some success however I need an adequate
> software to begin testing the effectiveness of Fuzzy logic in my
> application. The software must also have some type of learning or
> training applications as well as Fuzzy decision making, thusmost likely
> it needs to be a Neuro-fuzzy software. If anyone has any information on
> adequate software please contact me A.S.A.P.
>
> Thank you for you time,
> Paul Lafferty

Paul:

I don't quite understand the need for a learning capability for your
system. Some very complex systems (cement processing, for example) have
been controlled using fuzzy systems. Admittedly, I don't know anything
about the RTM process, but if you can describe the process semantically
(and most complex problems can be), you probably don't need a learning
capability or NNs at all...just fuzzy!

--
******************* http://www.sonalysts.com/fuzzy.htm