Re: A mini course in fuzzy control

Matthew Green (matt@bytronic.co.uk)
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 11:58:54 +0100

----------
> From: Vladik Kreinovich <vladik@cs.utep.edu>
> Newsgroups: comp.ai.fuzzy
> Subject: A mini course in fuzzy control
> Date: 01 February 1997 15:01
>
> >From provetti@cirfid.unibo.it
>
> Starting from March I'm teaching CS to phisics undergrads.
> They are in their last year and soon will go to companies, trying
> to apply what they learnt.
> In addition to the more or less standard course,
> I'm supposed to teach 20 hrs of a 'seminar' on any subject
> of interest in industrial applications.
>
> Students are very much interested in learning about fuzzy control,
> but unfortunately, I know next to nothing about it,
> and before March, there is not mucn time for me to prepare for it.
> My question is:
>
> is there available a _course package_ in fuzzy controls?
>
> I mean a set of notes/textbooks/case studies/computer programs/
> prepared by somebody who teaches fuzzy control at undergrad level,
> which I can adapt and exploit during these 20 hours.
>
> Thank you in advance for any sort of suggestion you'll find appropriate.
>
> Cheers
> Alessandro Provetti

There is a fuzzy teaching package called FCP. Produced by Bytronic Int.
Ltd. it combines a software program and full teaching notes to base a
lecture course upon. It even includes 4 set coursework exercises. It has
been designed for a 4 hour lecture/4 hour labwork session and suits people
with no experience of fuzzy logic based control.

Check out website http:\\www.bytronic.co.uk for more details or reply and I
will put you in touch with a local agent.

John Dunlop