Arithmetic operations with fuzzy numbers

Thomas Hauptmann (tom-99@eastside.in-berlin.de)
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 15:51:32 +0100

----------
Von: Thomas Hauptmann[SMTP:tom-99@eastside.in-berlin.de]
Gesendet: Montag, 4. November 1996 13:18
An: 'FUZZY-MAIL'
Betreff: Arithmetic operations with fuzzy numbers

Hello,

is there anybody, who can help me in the field of arithmetic operations =
using fuzzy numbers?

I have to divide two fuzzy numbers (a triangular or trapecial shaped =
fuzzy number should be divided by a fuzzy number with an EXP-shaped =
membership-function) and sum up the resulting fuzzy numbers (also =
EXP-shaped membership-functions).

- Is it correct to use ALPHA-cuts?
- Is there any software-support in this field (for I am a student I=B4m =
especially interested in free- or shareware products)?
- I=B4m also interested in literature concerning this problem.

You can reach me at the follwing address:

Thomas Hauptmann
Joachim-Friedrichstr.12
D-10711 Berlin
(0049)(30) 892 18 02