Re: FUZZY RISK

Constantin von Altrock (cva@inform-ac.com)
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 14:40:24 +0200

Tobias Siegfried wrote:

> Subject: FUZZY RISK
> My questions relate to integration of fuzzy logic into risk analysis.
> I'm working on the preparation of a paper wich deals with these
> topics.
> - Does a set of damage indicators exist which has proven to be useful
> in preparing a regional risk analysis?
> - Does a technique for assigning membership functions to those
> damage indicators exist?
> -Do you know of any publication or other information source dealing
> with these problems? If yes, please list them.

Prentice Hall Publisher is currently printing a book with the title
"Fuzzy Logic and NeuroFuzzy in Business and Finance" (ISBN
0-13-591512-0) that should be in stock with most major bookstores by
the end of September. This book very much covers the areas of your
questions. It contains multiple case studies on risk assessment using
fuzzy logic modelling techniques, and contains "do-it-yourself"
software that you can tie in with MS-Excel or MS-Access for first
prototyping.

Constantin von Altrock
e-mail: cva@inform-ac.com

INFORM GmbH