Re: Fuzzy Quantum Mechanics?

Rafi Muhanna (muhannar@Glue.umd.edu)
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 15:32:26 +0200

Dear Robert Shafer:

For the last two years we (Rafi Muhanna and Robert Mullen) have been
developing fuzzy-based methods for Mechanics problems in general. For the
time being our applications are in the field of Continuum Mechanics, the
results are very satisfactory.

Rafi

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Robert Shafer wrote:

> This is a question that came up for me a while back that I have
> pretty much no idea how to answer. I just joined this newsgroup
> a day or two ago and the probability vs. fuzzy discussion reminded
> me of the question.
>
> That is, has anyone considered restating quantum physics using fuzzy
> semantics? I don't have a clue what such a restatement would "sound"
> like, or if it even makes sense to try. Anyone else have any idea?
>
> -Bob

Rafi L. Muhanna
Department of Civil Engineering
University of Maryland at College Park