word association AI

From: coyo (coyo@hunapuh.irresponsiblecybernetics.com)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 11:51:41 MEST

    Hello there,

      I've a small AI word frequency assocation toy running at irresponsible cybernetics. This curretnly is just a high power version of the old animal game exect that it guesses an animal based on a sentence (or sentences) that the player types into it. So far, it has an exact success rate of over 1/2, but that does not count partial successes (alligator vs crocodile for example).

       http://irresponsiblecybernetics.com/animalgame.php

      I am just curious if the success rate I am getting is comporable to other methods of doing this particular game. I am not quite sure which sub section of the AI news groups this belongs under, since it is not a language interpretation algorithm and in fact is language independent. I think fuzzy matching best describes what it does.

    -coyo