BISC: BISC NEWS Letter; March 22; Spring_1

From: Masoud Nikravesh (nikravesh@cs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 15:27:08 MET

    Berkeley Initiative in Soft Computing (BISC)

    Title: 3rd WSEAS Int. MultiConference on Applied and Theoretical Mathematics
    Place: Miedzyzdroje, Poland
    Dates: September 1-5, 2002
    Email: math2002@wseas.org

    Title: 2002 WSEAS Int.Conf. on Global Optical and Wireless Network
    conference, (GOWN '02)
    Place: Miedzyzdroje, Poland
    Dates: August 25-30, 2002
    Email: poland2002@wseas.org

    Title: 2002 WSEAS Int.Conf. on ElectroMagnetic Compatibility (EMC'02)
    Place: Miedzyzdroje, Poland
    Dates: August 25-30, 2002
    Email: poland2002@wseas.org

    Title: 2002 WSEAS Int.Conf. on Nanoelectronics, Nanotechnologies (NN'02)
    Place: Miedzyzdroje, Poland
    Dates: August 25-30, 2002
    Email: poland2002@wseas.org

    Empirical Software Engineering: An International Journal

                             - CALL FOR PAPERS -

                    http://www.kluweronline.com/issn/1382-3256

    First International Workshop on
                      Data Mining Lessons Learned
                            (DMLL-2002)
      http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Tom_Fawcett/DMLL-workshop.html

           An ICML-2002 Workshop, Sydney, 8-12 July 2002
                 http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~icml2002/

                         FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS

    KES2002
    Sixth International Conference on
    Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems
    16, 17 & 18 September 2002
    Podere d'Ombriano, Crema, Italy

    Dear Colleague,

    This is an invitation to I-KOMAT'2002: First International Workshop on
    Intelligent Knowledge Management Techniques (I-KOMAT'2002) to be held in
    conjunction with: KES'2002 (Sixth International Conference on
    Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems, 16-18
    September 2002, Podere d'Ombriano, Crema, Italy). For detailed
    information, please visit our web site:

    http://www-mugc.cc.monash.edu.au/~maum/ikomat-02.htm

    << Important Dates >>

    Submission deadline: March 31, 2002
    Notification of acceptance: April 22, 2002
    Camera-ready papers due: May 18, 2002

    C A L L F O R P A P E R S

    4th International Conference on
    R E C E N T A D V A N C E S IN S O F T C O M P U T I N G

    Nottingham, United Kingdom, 12 & 13 December 2002

                             http://www.rasc2002.info

    Dear Colleague

    I would like to remind you that the ICSM full paper submission deadline is
    approaching. ICSM (IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance),
    2002, and associated workshops: SCAM, WSE, WESS and the 1st Workshop on
    Database Maintenance and Reengineering (DBMR'2002) will be held next
    October 2002 in Montreal, Canada. Outstanding Keynotes such as Jon Pincus,
    Microsoft, Industrial and experience papers, research papers, tutorials,
    tool expositions, dissertation forum, workshops, panels, and other exciting
    activities have been planned.

    Papers are due by 18 March 2002

    You can sumbit papers following the electronic sumbission process at:

    http://serg.ing.unisannio.it/~icsmpapers

    Alternatively, you can also submit the papers via email to:

    icsm2002.full@unisannio.it

    If you wish to submit papers via email, you are kindly encouraged to
    fill the Submission Form:

    http://web.ing.unisannio.it/icsm2002/SubForm.txt

    We apologize if you receive this more than once

    C A L L F O R P A P E R S

    4th International Conference on
    R E C E N T A D V A N C E S IN S O F T C O M P U T I N G

    Nottingham, United Kingdom, 12 & 13 December 2002

                             http://www.rasc2002.info

    Intelligent and integrated systems in Medicine and Biology

    (Chair: Victor Maojo, Polytechnical University of Madrid)

    Special session at KES'2002
    Sixth International Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent
    Information & Engineering Systems

    16, 17 & 18 September 2002
    Podere d'Ombriano, Crema, Italy

    http://www.brighton.ac.uk/kes/kes2002/

    Dear Friends and Colleagues,

    I wish to inform you with pleasure and pride that we have just exceeded the
    (magic?) threshold of 100 books and volumes in the series "Studies in
    Fuzziness and Soft Computing" I am editing for the Springer-Verlag group
    (Physica-Verlag, Heidelberg and New York):

    http://www.springer.de/cgi-bin/search_book.pl?series=2941

    Dear Friends and Colleagues,

    I wish to inform you with pleasure and pride that we have just exceeded the
    (magic?) threshold of 100 books and volumes in the series "Studies in
    Fuzziness and Soft Computing" I am editing for the Springer-Verlag group
    (Physica-Verlag, Heidelberg and New York):

    http://www.springer.de/cgi-bin/search_book.pl?series=2941

    CALL FOR PAPERS Special session on Risk Management

    Sixth International Conference on
    Knowledge-based Intelligent Engineering Systems and allied technologies
    (KES 2002)
    Podere d'Ombiriano, Creme, Italy
    Hosted by the University of Milan 16-18 September 2002
    http://www.bton.ac.uk/kes/kes2002

    Dear Masoud,
    Would you be so kind to inform the world-spread BISC fuzzy community that our
    new book "FUZZY
    LOGIC: A FRAMEWORK FOR THE NEW MILLENNIUM" has been just released by
    Springer-Verlag. The website
    for the book and how to order it is:
    http://www.springer.de/cgi-bin/search_book.pl?isbn=3-7908-1425-3

    The book is of particular interest to those who work in the social field of
    Fuzzy Logic.

    Thank you!
    Vlad

    Fifth International Conference
                       on Application of Fuzzy Systems
    and Soft Computing

    ICAFS - 2002
    September 17-19, 2002
    1. For America, Europe and Australia
    Dr. F. Aliew
    Institute for Measurement, University of Siegen
    Hoelderlin Str. 3, 57068 Siegen, Germany
    Tel: +49 271 740 33 50; Fax: +49 271 740 23 96
    E- Mail: aliew@mt.et-inf.uni-siegen.de

    2. For Asia and Africa
    Prof. R. S. Gurbanov
    Department of Theoretical Mechanics,
    Azerbaijan State Oil Academy
    Azadlig Ave. 20, 370010 Baku, Azerbaijan
    Tel: +99 412 98 59 61; Fax: +99 412 98 45 09
    E-mail: raliev@iatp.aznet.org