I'm rather newbye about fuzzy but I can try to give any answer.
As far as my experiments were right I observed that :
- max-min inference gives smoother ouputs than max-prod
- the choice of defuzzyfication method is also very important : "momentum"
defuzzyfication is smoother than "max" defuzzification
- about fuzzy set structure : joker !
My conclusion is that :
- (max-min inference, momentum defuzzyfication) is better for expert systems
and incertitude are very important
- (max-prod inference, max defuzzyfication) is better for process control in
order to get fast responses to environnement evolutions
Hope this helps you (even a little)
Hervé POSTEC firstname.lastname@example.org "Daniel Fortin" <email@example.com> a écrit dans le message news: firstname.lastname@example.org... > I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the advantages and or > disadvantages of using max-min and max product inferencing are. I'm > using Fuzzy and Neural Approaches in Engineering by Tsoukalas and > Uhrig and it doesn't seem to describe any of the design tradeoffs for > selecting a fuzzy inferencing method. Also, what are the tradeoffs > between using triangular and trapezoidal membership functions? > > If anyone could answer these questions I'd really appreciate it. > > Thanks in advance!
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Wed Mar 20 2002 - 15:05:36 MET