Re: Touchy/feely

From: Cameron Laird (claird@starbase.neosoft.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 19:11:25 MET

    In article <38170DBF63A82054.657EFCC2E6D8771C.3957A5AF7F61CEFD@lp.airnews.net>,
    I hinted:
    >In article <3C723C14.7B9AC696@wldelft.nl>,
    >Arjen Markus <Arjen.Markus@wldelft.nl> wrote:
    > .
    >>A way forward here might be a good Tcl package for dealing
    >>with fuzzy logic - that is one of the hot items among my
    >>biologically minded colleagues. Another thing would probably
    > .
    > .
    > .
    >Along with your own fuzzy introductions to tcltest, I suspect fuz-
    >ziness has been implemented for Tcl several times, although I know
    >of no one maintaining such work. If I wanted to pursue this seri-
    >ously, I'd check in to <URL: http://public.srce.hr/~ddelija/ >.
                            .
                            .
                            .
    Some day I want to comment on fuzzy logic vs. fuzzy arithmetic
    vs. numerical analysis. In the meantime, I'll pass on this
    message from Dr. Delija, with his permission:
      Actually this is very old code, almost unchagned since 1998,
      it is usefull but maybe better solution is to do wrap around some
      more recent C code. I've stopped serious work on this in 1999
      but last year we were able to develop proof-of-concet tool for
      system security.

      I suppose Dr. E.Cox developed new version of fuzzy lib, maybe
      contacting him will be usefull.

      By my oppionion it will be better to use perl, ther are good perl
      modules (some are referenced in O'Reilly Mastering Algorithm in Perl)
    He also expressed willingness to provide more detailed counsel for
    those with interest.

    I'm thinking about ways to promote Tcl's popularity among bioinfor-
    maticians ...

    --

    Cameron Laird <Cameron@Lairds.com> Business: http://www.Phaseit.net Personal: http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html