no title

From: Taratoukhine, Victor (V.V.Taratoukhine@cranfield.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 18:09:23 MET

     [We apologize should you receive multiple copies of this CFP.]

    **** IEEE AIS-02, Special Session : Applied Soft Computing ****

    SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS

    IEEE International Conference Artificial Intelligence Systems IEEE AIS-02

    Gelendzhik, Black Sea Cost, Russia
    September 5-10, 2002

    The IEEE AIS-02 Program Committee invites submissions of research papers for
    IEEE International Conference, to be held in Gelendzhik, Black Sea Cost,
    Russia, September 5-10, 2002.

    Submissions are invited on substantial, original and
    previously unpublished research on all applied aspects
    of Soft Computing, Fuzzy Logic, Neural Networks,
    Genetic Algorithms, Advanced optimization methods,
    Industry Study, Implementation of Soft Computing in
    Engineering Design, Mechanical, Electrical, and
    Electronic Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace,
    Transportation, Telecommunication, Medical, Healthcare,
    Finances, Trade, Chemistry, Oil and Gas Industry,
    Process Industry.

    The language of special session is English.

    Sponsorship

    Publication in International Journal:
    -------------------------------------

    Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an enhanced version of
    their papers to:

    - International Journal Applied Soft Computing, Elsevier Press

    Session Information:
    -------------------

    Special Session: "Applied Soft Computing"

    Chair: Dr Rajkumar Roy, Cranfield University UK,
    e-mail: r.roy@cranfield.ac.uk

    Co-Chair: Dr Valery Tarasov, Bauman Moscow State
    Technical University, Russia,
    e-mail: tarasov@rk9.bmstu.ru

    Session Organizer: Dr Victor Taratoukhine,
    Cranfield University, UK,
    e- mail: v.v.taratoukhine@cranfield.ac.uk

    Topics of interest:
    ------------------

    - fuzzy systems
    - neural networks
    - soft expert systems
    - collaborate design
    - advanced optimization methods
    - concurrent engineering
    - data mining
    - distributed AI
    - evolutionary modelling
    - genetic algorithms
    - information extraction
    - knowledge discovery
    - knowledge representation
    - machine learning
    - integration of multi-agent and soft computing systems
    - case studies
    - applied soft computing frameworks
    - applications of soft computing

    Important Dates
    ---------------

    >. Expression of Interest (only title and contact details): NOW!
    >. Submission of full paper for review: 1st May 2002
    >. Notification of acceptance to authors: 1st June, 2002
    >. Receive final manuscript: 1st July, 2002
    >. IEEE AIS Paper Sessions: 5-10 September, 2002

    Maximum number of pages
    -----------------------

    Session paper: 6 pages (up two extra pages can be
    allowed, please check additional information below)

    Poster for special session: extended abstract: 2 pages

    Timetable
    ---------

    Authors must submit their paper's title page (preferably electronically
    together with an electronic copy of the paper, as described below) to arrive
    by May 1, 2002.

    Notification of receipt will be mailed to the first author
    (or designated author) soon after receipt. Notification of acceptance or
    rejection of submitted papers will be mailed to the first author (or
    designated author) by June 1, 2002 on e-mail. Camera-ready copy of accepted
    papers must be received by July 1, 2001.

    Electronic Title Page & Electronic Paper Copy

    In addition to the electronic title page we also
     require an electronic copy of the paper to be submitted.
    This information must arrive by May 1, 2001.

    Submission should have the following format:

    author: name of first author
    address: address of first author
    author: name of last author
    address: address of last author
    title: title of the paper
    abstract: abstract<100 words

    Body of the paper

    Paper Format
    -------------

    We can accept e-mail submissions of full papers. Submissions must be
    prepare for print on 8-1/2 x 11 inch or A4 paper. Submissions must not
    exceed six pages in camera-ready format.

    Each accepted paper will be allowed six pages in the proceedings; up to
    two additional pages may be purchased at a price of $50 per page.

    Review Process
    --------------

    Selection criteria include accuracy and originality of ideas, clarity and
    significance of results and quality of the presentation.

    Papers selected will be scheduled for presentation and
    will be printed in the Proceedings after presentation.

    Authors of accepted papers, or their representatives,
    are expected to present their papers at the conference.

    Conference Fee
    --------------
    The Conference Fee is $200 USA.

    Black Sea Cost and the Region
    -----------------------------
    Gelendzhick is a very beautiful and charming small town, located between the
    Caucasus Mountains and the Black Sea.

    The weather in September is usually sunny, with average temperature of 26 C
    degrees. The sea is also warm and enjoyable to swim in.

    Gelendzhik is part of Kuban Region. Present day Kuban is
    often called «the pearl of Russia»: the development of agriculture is
    promoted by the favorable mild climate.

    Two warm seas - the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov -
    attract tourists to this area at any season.

    Cultural Program
    -----------------

    The cultural program will include:

    * Conference dinner

    * Visit the International 4th International Conference
    and Exhibition in Hydroaviation. You will be able to meet
     the representatives from leading international aerospace companies.

    * An excursion to a famous vineyards of Abrau Durso (tasting
      of the wines is included).

    Travel and Accomodation
    -----------------------

    You will need a Russian visa to travel to Gelendzhik.
    Please contact Russian Embassy in your country for more information. The
    organizers will send you an invitation letter.

    You can fly to Moscow and then to Anapa Airport or
    to Gelendzhik Airport. The conference organizers are
    happy to provide a pick-up service from Anapa or Gelendzhik.

    For participants from Turkey: You can travel from Istambul
    to Novorossiysk by sea ferry, and then to Gelendzhik.
    Please contact your local ferry provider for more information.

    Please inform the Conference Organisers about your travel plans, as soon as
    possible, and they will be happy to provide travel assistance.

    The different options of accommodation will be provided from four stars
    hotels to budget accommodation.

    The conference accommodation rate for delegates will be approximately $70
    USA, for single or double room, which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

    Please contact the conference organisers for latest information.

    Enquiries
    ---------

    * Enquiries about Special Session:

    Please contact:

    Dr Victor Taratoukhine
    Lecturer in Decision Engineering
    Department of Enterprise Integration
    Building 53
    Cranfield University
    Cranfield
    Bedfordshire
    MK43 0AL

    Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754073
         +44 (0) 1234 750111 ext 2008
    Fax: +44 (0) 1234 750852

    E-mail: v.v.taratoukhine@cranfield.ac.uk

    or

    Mr Victor Oduguwa
    Enterprise Integration
    Cranfield University
    Cranfield
    Bedford
    MK43 0AL
    UK
    Tel: +44 (0)1234 754192
    Fax: +44 (0)1234 750852
    Email:v.oduguwa@cranfield.ac.uk

    * Enquiries about Visa, Travel, and Accommodation :

    Prof. Dr. Lyudmila A. Zinchenko
    Taganrog State University of Radioengineering
    Nekrasovsky l., 44, GSP-17A,
    Taganrog, Rostov Region,
    347928, RUSSIA
    E-mail : toe@tsure.ru

    Paper submission
    ----------------

    Authors are invited to submit papers to the PROGRAMME CHAIR
    for the conference e-mail: kur@tsure.ru
    indicating: 'Applied Soft Computing Session'.

    Paper submissions should be sent:

    IEEE AIS 02
    Prof. Dr. Victor M. Kureichik, PC Chair
    Taganrog State University of Radioengineering
    Nekrasovsky l., 44, GSP-17A,
    Taganrog, Rostov Region,
    347928, RUSSIA
    E-mail : kur@tsure.ru
    PHONE +7-8634-371659
    FAX +7-8634-310598
    http://www.tsure.ru

    Please also send you title and an abstract to
    Session Organiser
    Dr. Victor Taratoukhine: v.v.taratoukhine@cranfield.ac.uk