6-th International Conference on Neural Networks and Soft Computing
Zakopane, June 11-15, 2002
S e c o n d C a l l F o r P a p e r s
Dear Sir/ or Madam,
Please be reminded that the Submission Deadline of the Sixth International
Conference Neural Networks and Soft Computing to be held in Zakopane,
11th-15th June, 2002 is
February 15, 2002.
You can submit your paper online at http://www.icnnsc.pcz.czest.pl/
Polish Neural Networks Society kindly invites you to participation. The
conference is organized in cooperation with IEEE. As we have announced
before, the honorary chairmen of the Scientific Committee are: Prof. Lotfi
Zadeh, Prof. Zdzisław Pawlak and Prof. Jacek Żurada and the conference
proceedings will be published in the Springer-Verlag series "Advances in
Soft Computing". Here is a tentative list of invited speakers:
1. Lotfi Zadeh, University of California, Berkeley - "A
Prototype-Centered Approach to Adding Deduction Capability to Search
Engines -- The Concept of Protoform"
2. Ildar Batyrshin, Kazan State Technological University - "Generalized
Conjunction, Disjunction and Negation Operations in Fuzzy Modeling"
3. Bernard De Baets, Ghent University - "Additive fuzzy preference
4. Janos Fodor, Szent Istvan University -"Uninorms: fundamentals and
5. Kaoru Hirota, Tokyo Institute of Technology, - "Image Data
Compression/Reconstruction by Fuzzy Relational Equation"
6. Nikola Kasabov, University of Otago, - Connectionist machines, the
brain and the genes
7. Okyay Kaynak, Bogazici University - "Variable Structure Systems
Theory Based Training Strategies for Computationally Intelligent Systems."
8. Laszlo Koczy, Budapest Univ. of Technology and Economics -
"Interpolation in fuzzy hierarchical rule bases"
9. Vera Kurkova, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic -
"High-dimensional approximation by neural networks"
10. Vilém Novák, University of Ostrava - Formal fuzzy logic and its
use in modeling of vagueness and computing with words
11. Sarunas Raudys, Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Vilnius - "On
the universality of the single-layer perceptron model"
12. Raul Rojas, Freie Universität Berlin - "Robotic soccer team"
13. Rudy Setiono, National University of Singapore - Rules extraction from
artificial neural networks for nonlinear regression
14. Pawel Strumillo, Wladyslaw Kaminski, Technical University of Lodz -
"Radial Basis Function Neural Networks: Theory and Applications"
15. Hideyuki Takagi, Kyushu Institute, Japan - "Interactive evolutionary
16. Ryoichi Takahashi, Tokyo Institute of Technology - "Possible application
of fuzzy subset theory to high performance computing"
17. Burhan Turksen, University of Toronto - "Type 2 Fuzzy System Modeling
18. Shiro Usui, Toyohashi Univ. of Technology - "Neuroinformaticcs in
We should be very grateful if you could distribute the information about our
Conference among your faculty members and colleagues.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Leszek Rutkowski, President of the Polish Neural Networks Society
Organizing Committee Office
Dr Jarosław Bilski
Department of Computer Engineering
Technical University of Czestochowa
Al. Armii Krajowej 36
42-200 Częstochowa, Poland
Tel: +48 (34) 3250546
Fax: +48 (34) 3250546
+48 (34) 3610043
Conference hotline in English (24 hours a day):
+48 502 479 253 (Rafal Scherer - organizing committee member)
Please visit: http://www.icnnsc.pcz.czest.pl/ for information and online
This message was posted through the fuzzy mailing list.
(1) To subscribe to this mailing list, send a message body of
"SUB FUZZY-MAIL myFirstName mySurname" to firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message body of
"UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL" or "UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL email@example.com"
(3) To reach the human who maintains the list, send mail to
(4) WWW access and other information on Fuzzy Sets and Logic see
(5) WWW archive: http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/marchives/fuzzy-mail/index.html
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Sat Feb 02 2002 - 15:12:11 MET