Re: Business risk models

From: Harris Georgiou (xgeorgiou@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 19:41:37 MET

    "Dave" <dad717@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:c18ffa8d.0201291636.207e92e6@posting.google.com...
    > Hello group,
    >
    > Could someone point me in the right direction.
    > Is fuzzy logic still dominent for business
    > risk or is another model more used today
    > (i.e. neural?)
    >
    > Who is the best in programing these models?
    >
    > TIA

    Actually, traditional risk management is based rather on analytical
    approaches like Game Theory rather than AI heuristics. However, any model
    that is constructed to deal with gain-oriented goals (minimum loss vs
    maximum gain), instead of simple success rate, can be easily applied in
    economics and business management. As the problem becomes more complex and
    includes more contractions in evidence (data), fuzzy rules/sets and
    non-linear clustering (like ANN) are the best choices.

    --

    Harris

    - 'Malo e lelei ki he pongipongi!'