with reference to the next IASTED International Conference on
"Applied Simulation and Modelling - ASM 2002," which is to take place
on the Island of Crete in Greece, from June 25-28, 2002,
a Special Session on Applied Simulation and Modelling in Medicine
has been organized.
Applied simulation and modelling in medical systems represents one
of the most interesting and progressive areas in the fields of computer
simulation, modelling and biomedical engineering.
Some significant results and some recent developments come from the
use of innovative scientific methodologies on new integrated computer
This special session will cover original and pioneering contributions,
mainly applications, on the following topics:
- Computer Simulations and Modeling of Biological Systems
- Computer Vision and Medical Imaging
- Image Segmentation, 3-D Surface Reconstruction and Registration
- Artificial Neural Networks and Medical Knowledge Representation
- Image-Guided Procedures, Computer Aided Diagnosis and Therapy
- Biomedical Signal Modeling and Analysis
- Clinical Applications, Computer-Assisted Surgery
All contributions should be of interest to a Biomedical Engineering
Further information is available at the official IASTED websites.
General information about the Conference:
General information about the Special Session:
Papers should be submitted according to the guidelines provided by
the IASTED home page.
Papers due: February 15, 2002
Notification of Acceptance: April 1, 2002
If you have any questions regarding this conference, please do not
hesitate to contact me.
Dott. Ing. Angelo Zizzari
Institut für Elektronik, Signalverarbeitung
und Kommunikationstechnik (IESK)
D-39016 Magdeburg, Germany
tel.: +49 391 6711126
fax.: +49 391 6711231
This message was posted through the fuzzy mailing list.
(1) To subscribe to this mailing list, send a message body of
"SUB FUZZY-MAIL myFirstName mySurname" to email@example.com
(2) To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message body of
"UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL" or "UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org"
(3) To reach the human who maintains the list, send mail to
(4) WWW access and other information on Fuzzy Sets and Logic see
(5) WWW archive: http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/marchives/fuzzy-mail/index.html
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Fri Jan 11 2002 - 23:22:21 MET