Re: Programming Books

From: tedd (tedd@spamcop.net)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 14:47:03 MET

    Michael

    > So, any recommendations would be appreciated. I would have
    > assumed this would have been asked a kazillion times, but according
    > to the archive, it hasn't been approached too often.

    You have a few of them, but here is the listing that I have. Some have
    code and some don't. Some you can review a few pages at Amazon.com, the
    others you'll have to order in via your local book store and review:

    - Rao, V.B. and H.V Rao, C++ Neurak Networks and Fuzzy Logic, MIS, 1993
    (ISBN: 1-55828-298-x).

    - Jamshidi, M., N. Vadiee and T.J. Ross, Fuzzy Logic and Control:
    Software and Hardware Applications, PHI, 1993 (ISBN: 0-13-168986-7).

    - Driankov, D., Hellendoorn and M. Reinfrank, An Introduction to Fuzzy
    Control, Springer-Verlag, 1993.

    - Bart Kosko, Fuzzy Engineering, Prentice Hall, 1996 (ISBN 0-13-124991-6),
    and

    - Bart Kosko, Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems, Prentice-Hall, 1991 (ISBN
    0-13-611435-0).

    - V. V. Chalam,
      Adaptive Control Systems: Techniques and Applications,
      Marcel Dekker, Inc.,1987.

    - L. L. Scharf,
      Statistical Signal Processing: Detection, Estimation, and Time Series
    Analysis,
      Addison-Wesley, 1991.

    - S. M. Kay,
      Modern Spectral Estimation: Theory & Application,
      Prentice Hall, 1988.

    - P. S. Maybeck,
      Stochastic Models, Estimation, and Control, Vol. I,
      Academic Press, 1979.

    - J. Kacqrzyk,
      Multistage Fuzzy Control: A Model-Based Approach to Fuzzy Control and
    Decision Making,
      John Wiley & Sons, 1997.

    - J. C. Bezdek,
      Pattern Recognition with Fuzzy Objective Function Algorithms,
      Plenum Press, 1981.

    - S. T. Alexander,
      Adaptive Signal Processing: Theory and Applications,
      Springer-Verlag, 1986.

    - O. Omidvar and D. L. Elliott,
      Neural Systems For Control,
      Academic Press, 1997.

    - K. I. Diamantaaras and S. Y. Kung,
      Principal Component Neural Networks: Theory and Applications,
      John Wileys & Sons, 1996.

    - J. Schurmann,
      Pattern Classification: A Unified View of Statistical and Neural
    Approaches,
      Wiley-Interscience, 1996.

    - T. Terano, K. Asai, and M. Sugeno,
      Fuzzy Systems Theory and Its Applications,
      Academic Press, 1992.

    - J. C. Bezdek and S. K. Pal, Eds.,
      Fuzzy Models for Pattern Recognition: Methods That Search for Structures
    in Data,
      The IEEE Press, 1992.

    - K. S. Narendra, R. Ortega, and P. Dorato, Eds.,
      Advances in Adaptive Control,
      The IEEE Press, 1991.

    - M. M. Gupta, Ed.,
      Adaptive Methods for Control System Design,
      The IEEE Press, 1986.

    - N. B. Karayiannis and A. N. Venetsanopoulos,
      Artificial Neural Networks: Learning Algorithms, Performance Evaluation,
    and Applications,
      Kluwer Academic Pub., 1993.

    - A. Kandel and G. Langholz,
      Fuzzy Control Systems,
      CRC Press, 1994.

    - P. Eykhoff,
      System Identification: Parameter and State Estimation,
      John Wiley & Sons, 1974.

    - G. N. Saridis,
      Self-Organizing Control of Stochastic Systems,
      Marcel Dekker, 1977.

    - K. S. Narendra and R. V. Monopoli, Eds.,
      Applications of Adaptive Control,
      Academic Press, 1980.

    - K. J. Astrom,
      Introduction to Stochastic Control Theory,
      Academic Press, 1979.

    tedd