Programming Books

From: Michael Campbell (mpc@junct.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 17:57:07 MET

    I've browsed through the archives (google) and stumbled upon
    a few posts dealing with where to find good books on fuzzy logic.
    What I'm looking for specifically are books about fuzzy programming.
    Especially with examples. In order to stave off the boredom, I've
    decided to get into fuzzy programming.

    I've read books dealing with FL, but it's been mostly theoretical.
    Apparently, there are people who are not too impressed with
    Earl Cox's books (as listed below).

    So, any recommendations would be appreciated. I would have
    assumed this would have been asked a kazillion times, but according
    to the archive, it hasn't been approached too often.

    ---Relevent posts---

    M Rohmanuddin (rohman@tf.itb.ac.id)

    1. Rao, V.B. and H.V Rao, C++ Neurak Networks and Fuzzy Logic, MIS, 1993
    (ISBN: 1-55828-298-x).
    2. Jamshidi, M., N. Vadiee and T.J. Ross, Fuzzy Logic and Control:
    Software and Hardware Applications, PHI, 1993 (ISBN: 0-13-168986-7).
    3. Driankov, D., Hellendoorn and M. Reinfrank, An Introduction to Fuzzy
    Control, Springer-Verlag, 1993.

    Marc Schoenefeld (schonef@uni-muenster.de)
     I assembled a list on fuzzy logic books
     on http://www.xmas-book.com/usfuzzy.shtml
     you should know if you buy books written by earl cox,
     that they have a quite messy structure of the source code.
     bart kosko looks to me like the "usa today" of fuzzy literature,
     they are easy to read but don't expect much to learn.
     my advice are some german books
     "fuzzy logic - mit fuzzy shell in c++" from mayer/mechler et al.