Re: fuzzy rules

From: earl cox (ECOX3@nc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2001 - 00:07:52 MET

    I not a single person correctly responded to your query (pardon me Walter!)
    In the real world of fuzzy modeling the use of approximation qualifiers and
    hedges allow us to use fuzzy expressions in any arbitrary way. as an example
    (these are from actual fuzzy models):

    if price is around 2*MfgCosts then Margins are sharply reduced;

    if the competitionPrice is not very high
    then our price should be clodse to the competition price;

    if usually(price is much greater than avg(wholesale.price))
      inventorylevels should be below .5*ERP;

    for a more complete discussion see "The Fuzzy Systems Handbook" (2nd Ed.)
    by Earl Cox.

    earl