Re: Q: fuzzy rules

From: Pramit Sarma (psarma@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 17:10:48 MET

    Extending the analogy of recursive rule-sets from conventional crisp logic,
    there is clearly no restriction or constraint on it - on paper. While hardly
    exhaustive, I have not seen the implementation on paper, though it might be
    worth your while to have a closer look at the fuzzy theory books, of
    Zimmermann,
    Dubois and Prade, and others.

    Thinking aloud ...

    Consider

    If (X is A) then (Y is B) where everything is fuzzy including Y'(A') the
    output. In
    In fact in the classical fuzzy set theoretic construction, we can effectively
    write Y' = eval(If (X is A) then (Y is B)), where "eval" = evaluation, and Y'
    is
    the output fuzzy variable. A simple recursive substitution allows a general
    statement

    If (X* is A*) then (Y' is B')

    calculated inside-out.

    Pramit

    --
    Posted from t376pc2.seas.upenn.edu [158.130.66.234]