Shell Value and Code Value

From: shanshan Kou (shanshan_kou@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 11:19:33 MET

    Hi, everyone

    I am using fuzzyTECH as the FLC in my program. The
    whole system does not seem to be symmetrical as it is
    supposed to be. Anyone here familiar with fuzzyTECH
    can give me some advice?

    Say I am sensing an angular position of range -9
    degree to 9 degree with rotary encoder and decoder.
    And the decimal value input where I get from rotary
    encoder and decoder is -100 to 100, and the FLC is
    8-bit resolution. What value shall I put in shell
    value and code value if this angular position is one
    of the inputs?

    If I put -9 to 9 in shell value as suggested by the
    manual, it seems to have no meaning at all! As the
    whole program will only process a value range -100 to
    100, then how can I define the universe of discourse?

    Greatly appreciate if anyone could help me!

    Regards,

    Shan shan Kou