Questrion: is Fuzzy Logic applicable in this project?

From: Marcello Bianchetti (bcello@inwind.it)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 15:40:48 MET

    I'm trying to create a system for on-line registration of domain
    names, that should be able to learn throughout the choise of the users
    that want to build a domain name.
    The system stores the searched words by the users (for example
    "www.infomynameon-line.com") and try to get the most used prefix
    and/or suffix (for example "info" or "on-line"); it also asks the user
    for some "attributes": what kind of interests he has, what type of web
    site he wants to create, etc...

    With this data I create a DataBase and I assign a weight/score (for
    example a frequency) to every suffix/prefix connected with every
    attribute of the users.

    My questions are: Can i use Fuzzy Logic for this program? What formula
    for the updating of the weights can I use?

    But the biggest problem is that I can't understand where a
    prefix/suffix begin or end, because the searched word don't contain
    space characters!

    I'm waiting for an answer as soon as possible
    Thank you in advance