Can a fuzzy model be made from an incomplete set of variables?

From: Ma Xinghan (xma@phoeintl.com)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 14:06:58 MET DST

    Dear Experts,

    I am trying to use NeuroFuzzy technique to map a number of input variables
    to an output variable. The data are from field measurements and are very
    vague. In addition, some of the input variables are not measurable although
    they are the less important variables.

    I am wondering if a fuzzy model can be made from an incomplete set of
    variables.

    I would very much appreciated it if anyone could give me some advice, or
    direct me to papers, textbooks, or websites related to this issue.

    Thank you in advance.

    Sincerely,
    Xinghan Ma