Re: Earl Cox - fix the bugs in The Fuzzy Sytems Handbook 2nd edition

From: Ashish Pandey (achich_p@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 14:14:05 MET DST

    > The book is a readable intro but the code is a disgrace.

    Morel of your mail : Read the book and write the codes.

    > There are bugs bugs bugs. Its just a cut and paste job.

    True for 90% of research work. By the way you didn't have to cut and paste
    it.

    > I hate to think what the first edition was like.

    I am sure that would have incited a more interesting reply from you.

    > I could come up with a fuzzy pun but I've wasted ages debugging your code.

    You should have written your own codes instead

    > I think it's an indictment of fuzzy techiques that if your crap code was
    > sold commercially as you say, your poor clients wouldn't know they were
    > being ripped off with crap results ( or is it a feather in the cap of FL
    > showing its resilience and tolerance ? ).

    (Thanks the idea)

    > Good old Lofti A. Zadeh took the money to foreword your book, I bet he
    > didn't try to use the code.

    Lotfi : The software tester

    > How much money does he and Bart Kosko make out of forewarding anything
    with
    > 'Fuzzy' in the title ?
    > I think they've forewarded at least 500 books that make an 'important
    > contribution' like yours.

    Ask IRS

    > It's an egg-head conspiricy.

    Let me know about others heads of conspiracy

    > You also make a big deal in your about posting code fixes on your site -
    but
    > nothing was ever posted there when you owned it. Now it has a photo of a
    > seal.

    A seal is born every minute.

    > http://www.metus.com
    >
    > Did you sell it ?

    Who will buy it?

    > Nice way to support your customers !

    Seals looked cute though.

    > Post your apology to the newsgroup so everyone can witness your
    humiliation.

    Sorry!