Earl Cox - fix the bugs in The Fuzzy Sytems Handbook 2nd edition

From: Disgusted (reply@togroup.com)
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 12:30:52 MET DST

    The book is a readable intro but the code is a disgrace.

    There are bugs bugs bugs. Its just a cut and paste job.

    I hate to think what the first edition was like.

    I could come up with a fuzzy pun but I've wasted ages debugging your code.

    I think it's an indictment of fuzzy techiques that if your crap code was
    sold commercially as you say, your poor clients wouldn't know they were
    being ripped off with crap results ( or is it a feather in the cap of FL
    showing its resilience and tolerance ? ).

    Good old Lofti A. Zadeh took the money to foreword your book, I bet he
    didn't try to use the code.

    How much money does he and Bart Kosko make out of forewarding anything with
    'Fuzzy' in the title ?
    I think they've forewarded at least 500 books that make an 'important
    contribution' like yours.

    It's an egg-head conspiricy.

    You also make a big deal in your about posting code fixes on your site - but
    nothing was ever posted there when you owned it. Now it has a photo of a
    seal.

    http://www.metus.com

    Did you sell it ?

    Nice way to support your customers !

    Post your apology to the newsgroup so everyone can witness your humiliation.