ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
8th International Conference on Fuzzy Theory and Technology
March 8-12, 2002
Durham, North Carolina, USA
Program Chair: Etienne E. Kerre
Call for Papers
FT&T 2002 is part of the 6th Joint Conference on Information Sciences
(JCIS), that will be held in Durham, NC, USA, from
March 8 till March 12, 2002. FT&T 2002 will concentrate on the
mathematical foundations of fuzzy logic in a broad as well
as in a narrow sense and all kind of application domains of these fuzzy
theories. More particular we will welcome papers
on the following theoretical issues and their applications:
* Fuzzy topology including fuzzy metric spaces and smooth topological
* Fuzzy algebraic structures such as fuzzy groups, fuzzy rings, fuzzy
* Fuzzy numbers and arithmetical operations, including ranking
procedures for fuzzy numbers.
* Fuzzy intuitionistic sets.
* Interval-valued fuzzy sets.
* Rough sets, fuzzy rough sets.
* L-fuzzy sets.
* Links between different models of imprecision and uncertainty.
* Fuzzy relational structures, including fuzzy relational equations,
fuzzy similarity relations and fuzzy orderings.
* Fuzzy geometry.
* Uncertainty theories including possibility and necessity theory,
plausibility and belief measures, imprecise
* Logical operations, including t-norms, t-conorms, implications,
* Measures of fuzziness.
* Defuzzification techniques.
* Fuzzy measures and fuzzy integrals.
* Fuzzy multivalued mappings.
* Fuzzy differential calculus.
* Fuzzy mathematical morphology.
As practical applications we will especially welcome papers on fuzzy
relational databases, fuzzy image processing,
linguistic variables, fuzzy decision making and preference structures,
fuzzy expert systems, fuzzy reliability theory, ...
More information about the parallel conferences in JCIS 2002 as well as
accommodation facilities, registration fees, etc.
can be obtained from the JCIS site (http://www.ee.duke.edu/JCIS).
International Program Committee (tentative)
J. Barone (USA), Z. Bien (Korea), D. Ruan (Belgium), C. Carlsson
(Finland), A. Rosenfeld (USA), D. Dubois (France), L. Zadeh (USA), F.
Esteva (Spain), M. McAllister (USA), J. Kacprzyck (Poland), J. Mordeson
(USA), G. Klir (USA), N. Morsi (Egypt), L.T. Koczy (Hungary), M. Sugeno
(Japan), Y.M. Liu (China), G. Chen (China), V. Novak (Czech), S. Sessa
(Italy), W. Pedrycz (Canada), I. Beg (Kuwait), H. Prade (France), J.
Montero (Spain), A. Ramer (Australia), K. Atanassov (Bulgaria), M.H. Smith
(Canada), M. Wygralak (Poland), I. Turksen (Canada), A-M. Radzikowska
(Poland), R. Yager (USA), E. Pap (Yugoslavia), A. Rijov (Russia), R.
Mesiar (Slovakia), I. Perfilieva (Czech), M. Gupta (Canada), B. Reusch
(Germany), S. Miyamoto (Japan), T. Bilgic (Turkey).
The following timetable has been set up:
* Sept. 3, 2001: Deadline for submission of 4-page paper summaries to me
* Nov. 5, 2001: I will notify the authors of paper acceptance based on
* Dec. 3, 2001: Deadline for early registration with discounted fee.
* Dec. 3, 2001: Publication fee (180 USD) due for each paper (regular
and invited) to be included in proceedings. This amount is included in
full registration fee.
* Dec. 3, 2001: Deadline for authors submission of revised summaries,
camera ready for publication. (Author's instructions will be posted
* Dec.3, 2001: Deadline for invited paper submission (camera ready hard
copy or electronic file) to chairs or JCIS Conference Manager.
* Dec. 17, 2001: Deadline for chairs to submit camera ready papers to
conference manager Anna Menzies for proceedings. (Electronic files in
postscript, Microsoft Word, or PDF files are acceptable. Please mail hard
copies as well.)
* March 8-12, 2002: JCIS 2002 Conference.
This message was posted through the fuzzy mailing list.
(1) To subscribe to this mailing list, send a message body of
"SUB FUZZY-MAIL myFirstName mySurname" to firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message body of
"UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL" or "UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL email@example.com"
(3) To reach the human who maintains the list, send mail to
(4) WWW access and other information on Fuzzy Sets and Logic see
(5) WWW archive: http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/marchives/fuzzy-mail/index.html
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Mon Jun 25 2001 - 14:59:20 MET DST