Re: Fuzzy systems in the process industries

From: Matthew D. Lewis (mdl2020@ksu.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 16:54:55 MET DST

    Many people are still afraid of fuzzy logic here in the U.S. but I know of a
    few actual industrial applications. Xerox uses fuzzy logic in the extrusion
    process of toner for printers and copiers. The temperature of the toner is
    controlled by FL to be more specific. Also in the pharmaceutical industry
    it is used for temperature control when performing IsoElectric focusing.

    --

    -- Matthew D. Lewis Electrical and Computer Engineering Kansas State University mdl2020@ksu.edu "Bruce Postlethwaite" <b.postlethwaite@strath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:9gq5r0$o6d$1@dennis.cc.strath.ac.uk... > I've been asked to put together a book chapter on applications of fuzzy > systems in the process industries. I've been able to find lots of articles > on simulated systems, but very little on applications to real, industrial, > problems. I'm looking for any sort of application, e.g. control, modelling, > safety, design, etc. > > If anybody has some useful references could you EMail them to me at > b.postlethwaite@strath.ac.uk > > Thanks in advance! > > Bruce Postlethwaite > >