Re: Probability Vs Fuzzy Logic....

From: Harris Georgiou (xgeorgio@hol.gr)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 20:29:45 MET DST

    Ο ca314159 <ca314159@bestweb.net> έγραψε στο μήνυμα συζήτησης:
    3B080E66.2102@bestweb.net...
    > Harris Georgiou wrote:
    > >

    > Penrose has many interesting perspectives but I don't look
    > for too much closure when reading his works.
    > In contrast to this, there are "indecisive decisions" made

    A really thoughtful presentation. Couldn't said it better.
    As for R.Penrose, I have some arguments against his writtings myself (I DO
    believe that some day we will be able to construct an "artificial" thinking
    machine that has the same properties as humans, i.e. it will be
    "intelligent" or "smart" or whatever we want to call it, but it will
    probably act in a cognitive level different and not fully understandable by
    humans).
    For now, all we can do is use our "technical" innovations like ANNs, fuzzy
    logic, traditional AI, etc, in our effort to solve the difficult problems of
    our time (the ones that only humans seem to have the ability to do so).