R: Humans think fuzzy?

From: Marcello Savarese (marcello.savarese@tin.it)
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 00:51:07 MET DST

    I read with attention you response about this subject....
    I'm agree with you considerations on argument, but I think that the
    imprecision is the natural aspect of fuzzy logic .
    I think that the uncertainty is linked whit probability concept.
    If I say that an object ( eg. apple) is 0.75( or 75%) an apple I expose a
    uncertainty but if I say this obj belongs 0.8 to apple membership, I
    means an imprecision.
    So in the probability topic I say that this obj is or isn't an apple ( with
    grade of probability( in ex: 75%)) ( uncertainty), in the Fuzzy topic I say
    that this obj is a "wrong apple" but is an apple( imprecision).
    I hope that I explained my concept in the better manner.....
    I love to say that probability is a distance measure from true and the fuzzy
    is a distance measure from real.

    Where my reasoning is wrong?
    What do you think about it?

    Marcello

    Rich Shepard <rshepard@salmo.appl-ecosys.com> wrote in message
    slrn9fdimc.e6h.rshepard@salmo.appl-ecosys.com...
    > On Tue, 01 May 2001 08:43:43 GMT, Cristian Fabbi <fabbic@galactica.it>
    wrote:
    > >Soon I've read that neural system made with FL think like humans (i'm
    > >summarizing).
    > >Why do we say so? Have we got proofs that human brain works in a fuzzy
    way?

    > Christian,
    >
    > Your confusion comes from the well-known problem associated with the
    term
    > "fuzzy". When applied to fuzzy sets, fuzzy logic and fuzzy system models
    the
    > term means "uncertainty". Let me back up and explain.
    >
    > When we measure something in the natural world (human or non-human),
    there
    > are two sources of potential error: imprecision and uncertainty.
    Imprecision

    rshepard@appl-ecosys.com