Fuzzy Regression

From: Ivelina Gueorguieva (iva@fs1.pa.man.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 06:56:24 MET

    Hi!

     My research involves modelling of experimental pharmacokinetic data
     and so far all such data are being described by statistical
     regression. I would like to model my data using fuzzy regression, as
     this seems a practical approach.

     Due to the nature of my experiments I usually could take only up to
     8 or 10 samples, which sometimes may lead to errors in the
     estimated regression coefficients. These errors will certainly be
     smaller if the coefficients are fuzzy numbers, accounting for the
     existing uncertainty.

     Is there a software or an algorithm for fuzzy regression available?

    Any comments/advices are welcome!

    Thanks in advance.

     Eva
    Ivelina Gueorguieva
    PhD student
    Centre for Pharmacokinetic Research
    School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
    The University of Manchester
    Oxford Road
    Manchester M13 9PL
    United Kingdom