IFSANAFIPS 2001 announcement

From: Larry Hall (hall@csee.usf.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 17:20:39 MET

    Important announcements regarding IFSANAFIPS2001

    Hi Everyone:

    So far we have about 700 accepted papers for IFSANAFIPS2001 this July (July
    25-28) in Vancouver. This conference should be one of the largest fuzzy
    conferences ever, so do not miss it!!! The accepted papers come from over
    40 countries so the conference will be well represented internationally and
    we hope a good place for networking. If you are not an author, you are
    still welcome to register. Please see our web page, www.ifsanafips2001.org,
    for more information.

    Since Vancouver is a very popular tourist destination in July (besides
    Vancouver, which is considered by many to be the most beautiful city in
    North America, other attractions include Alaska cruises, Whistler, Rocky
    Mountains, Victoria, etc.). Thus book your hotel and air tickets early!!
    Also, since the conference hotel is next to Stanley Park and only two
    blocks from the beach, it will fill up early (see www.ifsanafips2001.org).
    Finally, for those who want to book cruises to Alaska, train trips to the
    Rocky Mountains, or other sightseeing trips, please visit our web page for
    more information.

    Besides a full social calendar (banquet in the Vancouver Aquarium with
    dinner served in the aquarium galleries, several receptions, and a possible
    Indian Pow-Wow and BBQ outside if the Vancouver International Fireworks
    Competition is held Saturday night a further announcement will be made
    when we know this), there will be a full conference program including
    invited plenaries by Lotfi Zadeh (Evolution of Fuzzy Logic - From Past to
    Future), Burhan Turksen (Fuzzy Systems Applications in Operations Research
    and Management Science), and Michio Sugeno (Language-Based Computing
    Environment for Internet Communication between Brain and Society).
    Furthermore, there are four tutorials you can sign up for, "Computing with
    Words and its Applications" by Lotfi A. Zadeh, "Type 2 Fuzzy Logic Systems"
    by Jerry M. Mendel and I.B. Turksen, "Fuzzy and Neural Systems and
    Financial Engineering" by Gregg Garrison, from Hanseactic and An
    "Introduction to Evolutionary Computation and its Application to Problems
    in Fuzzy Systems" by David B. Fogel from Natural Selection. Finally, we are
    also planning to host a public1/2 day forum on July 25th titled "Industry
    Forum on the Future of Information and Intelligent Systems" moderated by
    Lotfi Zadeh with 6 panelists from British Telecom, Mediadome, Tripos,
    Hanseactic, Natural Selection, etc.

    We are also currently planning Commercial, University and R&D exhibits. If
    you are interested in this or have any other questions, please contact
    David Geary, congress@venuewest.com.

    Finally, we would like to thank NNC, IFSA and NAFIPS for their support in
    providing 9 travel grants for students for IFSANAFIPS2001.

    Thank you and see you at IFSANAFIPS'2001
    Michael Smith
    Co-General Chair
    mhs@mining.ubc.ca
    Bill Gruver