Invitation to AI/Internet researchers/authors

From: R.J.Howlett@bton.ac.uk
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 15:24:09 MET

    Invitation to authors

    I am collecting material for a book with a
    working title of "Intelligent Internet Systems"
    to be published by a major publisher.
    The volume will describe the latest research on
    the interaction between intelligent systems
    (neural networks, fuzzy and rule-based systems,
    intelligent agents) and the internet/WWW.
    I already have quite a lot of material, but would
    like to invite proposals for chapters from
    prospective authors.
    Typical topics might be intelligent techniques for:-
    * interpreting WWW-derived information
    * internet data-mining
    * internet search algorithms and mechanisms
    * remote condition monitoring and security
    monitoring
    * interfaces
    * tools
    * applications
    but suggestions for further topics would be welcome.
    If you would like to propose a chapter please would
    you let me have the following information:-
    Name/email:
    University/Company:
    Are you a Professor/Researcher/Engineer/etc:
    Title of proposed chapter:
    Brief description of contents:

    Many thanks,
    Bob Howlett
    Dr R.J.Howlett BSc, MPhil, PhD, MBCS, CEng
    Director of Brighton TCS Centre,
    Head of Intelligent Signal Processing Labs,
    University of Brighton,
    Moulsecoomb, Brighton, UK
    Tel: 01273 642305 Fax: 01273 642444
    Email: R.J.Howlett@brighton.ac.uk