Call for Workshop Proposals
The International Computer Congress 2001
The Sixth International Computer Science Conference: Active Media Technology
The Second International Conference on Wavelet Analysis and its Applications
The ICC-2001 organizing committee invites workshop proposal for the
international computer congress 2001. The congress features two conferences
(International Computer Science Conference on Active Media Technology and
International Conference on Wavelet Analysis and its Applications), and will
be held in Hong Kong Baptist University on December 18-20, 2001.
ICC-2001 workshops aim to provide workshop participants with an informal
setting to discuss specific technical topics in an environment that
encourages the active exchange of ideas. Active researchers from the related
areas are invited to submit workshop proposals for review. Proposed tutorial
topics should be related to one of the two conferences, but are not limited
to the areas specified in the call for paper. Each proposal will be assessed
according to individual content, proposed structure and overall relevance.
Workshop organizers will be responsible for inviting speakers, ensuring their
participation, ensuring submission of preliminary texts and structuring and
leading the discussion sessions.
Deadline of the proposal: June 30, 2001.
Notification of Acceptance: July 15, 2001.
Call for Participation: July 31, 2001.
List of Participants Due: November 15, 2001.
- The topic and a brief description of the workshop.
- A brief explanation on why the proposed topic is of interest and how it is
related to the conference(s).
- The names, contact information, and the qualification of the organizing
committee. This committee should consist of three or four people
knowledgeable about the technical issues to be addressed.
- The name of the primary contact for the organizing committee.
- The date of the workshop (either December 17 or 21), the duration (one day
or half day) and the expected number of participants.
- If available, a list of tentatively confirmed attendees.
- The arrangement and tentative schedule for the workshop.
Workshop proposals should be sent to the workshop chair through e-mail or
Samuel P. M. Choi
Department of Computer Science
Hong Kong Baptist University
Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Fax: (852) 2339-7892
ICC 2001 will be responsible for the following:
(i) Providing a meeting place and logistical support for the workshop.
(ii) In conjunction with the organizers, determining the workshop date and
time (Organizing committee constraints will be accommodated to the greatest
(iii) Duplicating working notes (up to a total of 100 pages per participant)
and distributing them to the participants.
ICC 2001 reserves the right to cancel any workshop if deadlines are missed or
if too few attendees register for the workshop to support the costs of
running the workshop. To cover costs, it will be necessary to charge workshop
participants a workshop fee in addition to the normal ICC 2001 conference
Questions concerning the ICC 2001 workshops should be directed to Dr. Samuel
This message was posted through the fuzzy mailing list.
(1) To subscribe to this mailing list, send a message body of
"SUB FUZZY-MAIL myFirstName mySurname" to firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message body of
"UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL" or "UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL email@example.com"
(3) To reach the human who maintains the list, send mail to
(4) WWW access and other information on Fuzzy Sets and Logic see
(5) WWW archive: http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/marchives/fuzzy-mail/index.html
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Tue Feb 13 2001 - 14:15:07 MET