Re: a reference

From: Kent Paul Dolan (xanthian@well.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 18:08:43 MET

    There are several co-authored publications with that author and that editor
    listed here:

    http://www.cteh.ac.il/computers/staff/LEVNER/publevne.htm

    Perhaps a bibliography entry from one of them would give you the exact citation
    you seek, or contacting Dr. Levner via email might work too.

    Cheers!

    xanthian.

                   ===== random archival quality quote =====

                        The New Collossus

    A bronze plaque found inside the Statue of Liberty pedestal
    contains the words to a poem entitled, "The New Collossus":

        Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
        With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
        Here at the sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
        A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
        Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
        Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
        Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
        The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
        "Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
        With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
        Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
        The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
        Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost, to me,
        I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

    These lines were written by a young woman named Emma Lazarus, a
    member of a wealthy Jewish family who was born and raised in New
    York City. Her poem was written for an art exhibition that was held
    to raise money in America for the statue. Little attention was
    given to her poem at the time it was written, and it would be
    sixteen years before it was uncovered and its true worth realized.

      quoted in:
      http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/~geldridg/eiffel/liberty/quote.html
      credited to:
      http://sunp.nyit.edu/Visions/Liberty.html