> Cristian Fabbi wrote:
> > studied by FL? Why do we say that with Fuzzy Logic we will make computers
> > thinking like human?
Because we believe "that humans deal with imprecision and uncertainty by
using linguistic values and that they apply some kind of approximate
reasoning techniques rather than exact numerical values and first order
logic". (Fuzzy Sets and Approximate Reasoning, Etienne E. Kerre, Xian
Jiaotong University Press, Xian (P.R. China), 1999).
Martine De Cock e-mail : Martine.DeCock@rug.ac.be
Fund for Scientific Research-Flanders
Fuzziness and Uncertainty Modelling Research Unit
Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
Krijgslaan 281 (S9) tel. : +32 (0)9/264.47.72
B-9000 Ghent (Belgium) fax. : +32 (0)9/264.49.95
This message was posted through the fuzzy mailing list.
(1) To subscribe to this mailing list, send a message body of
"SUB FUZZY-MAIL myFirstName mySurname" to firstname.lastname@example.org
(2) To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message body of
"UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL" or "UNSUB FUZZY-MAIL email@example.com"
(3) To reach the human who maintains the list, send mail to
(4) WWW access and other information on Fuzzy Sets and Logic see
(5) WWW archive: http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/marchives/fuzzy-mail/index.html
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Tue Jan 09 2001 - 23:22:23 MET