data smushing on the Internet for the Semantic Web

From: Seth Russell (seth@robustai.net)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 04:14:47 MET

    Nick wrote:

    > I should like to use this occasion to draw your
    > attention to two developments. First, I believe that
    > we are witnessing the beginning of a romance between
    > fuzzy logic and the Internet. The reasons are clear.
    > Internet is pervaded with imprecision and uncertainty.
    > What is needed in Internet is a logical system which,
    > unlike classical logic, supports modes of reasoning
    > which are approximate rather than exact. This is
    > precisely what fuzzy logic has to offer.

    Definitely !! There is a particular problem that the pioneers of the [Semantic
    Web] are grappling with right now. In the network of nodes and labeled arcs that
    is defined by [RDF], how do we determine when two nodes are really representing
    the same thing such that we may [smush] them together. Can anyone give us a hand
    here?

    [smush] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2000Dec/0198.html
    [RDF] http://www.w3.org/RDF/
    [Semantic Web] http://xhtml.waptechinfo.com/swr/