need help with reaseach paper

From: Hang Hang Zhang (trojanvirus@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 11:48:59 MET

    Hi, I am currently in Year 11 in high school doing the International
    baccalaureate program. This program has a requirement that you need to
    do a >4000 word, university style, reseach paper on the topic of your
    choice. I have chosen to do mine about fuzzy control in non-linear
    systems and how the compare against conventional control methods.
    Right now I am thinking about either using an existing experiment and
    analyzing that or creating my own experiment and writing my paper on it.

    If I am to use another persons experiment, I need to find an experiment
    that is:
    1. Well documented (and from many sources)
    2. relativly simple (or complex but I can focus on one part)
    3. has used both fuzzy and conventional control
    4. Has results which are readily accesible
    5. preferably the support of the experimenter so I can ask questions and
    clarify points
    6. not copyrighted or liable to have "the mob" after me :-)
    I have thought about using the very first examply of fuzzy control with
    the steam engine but I am worried that it might have become outdated in
    technology/theory terms

    If I am to start my own experiment, I need a experiment which is:

    1. Simple to set up and program (I have had minimal programming
    experiance)
    2. Cheap or readily available parts
    3. easily analysable results
    So far someone has suggested a water bath level control. I have not done
    much research in this area yet as I do not know whether creating my own
    experiment is too ambitious. My Essay is due arount the middle of June
    next year in its polished form so would creating my own experiment be
    just too much hassle?

    Thanks