BISC: 5th WSES/IEEE WORLD MULTICONFERENCE

From: Masoud Nikravesh (nikravesh@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 13:25:11 MET

    Berkeley Initiative in Soft Computing (BISC)

    CALL FOR PAPERS

    5th WSES/IEEE WORLD MULTICONFERENCE ON
    Circuits, Systems, Communications & Computers (CSCC 2001)
    (the awardee multiconference of WSES)

    WEB PAGES OF THE CONFERENCE
    FOLLOWING APPROPRIATE LINKS
    (official): http://www.worldses.org
    or (mirror, use it in the case of traffic of the previous one)
    http://worldses.tripod.com

    Location: Rethymnon, CRETE (GREECE).
    JULY 8-15, 2001
    Jointly with the 3rd WorldSES MCP and 3rd WorldSES MCME
    Dedicated to SIR JOHN AMBROSE FLEMING
    Technical Co-Sponsorship by IEEE Signal Processing Society

    ALL THE ACCEPTED PAPERS will be published:
    1)in the CD-ROM Proceedings (with Search Facilities and Page Numbering)
    as well as
    2)in the Electrical and Computer Engineering International Reference
    Book Series of WSES PRESS as Post-Conference Books (Hard cover, velvet
    paper, international circulation).
    These will be different International Editions (with different ISBN).
    This material will be ready at the opening of the Multiconference and
    will be distributed to the participants.

    Also SPECIAL ISSUES have been scheduled for the journals : (These
    special issues will contain only selected papers, not all the papers)

    INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTER RESEARCH (IJCR)
    INFORMATICA
    INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKING

    About Crete:
    CRETE is a Unique Placein the World: In this magic island, so richly
    endowed by Nature, everything is in abundance: blond beaches with
    palm-trees, cool gorgers, serene coves, palm-forests, mysterious caves,
    minoan palaces, paleochristian churches, byzantine churches, islamic
    mosques, and of course modern cosmopolitan life.
    Crete lies in the crossroads of the three ancient continents:
    Europe-Asia-Africa and the Cretan Civilization borrowed elements from
    european, asian and african world. Also, Crete, in the minoan era, gave
    birth to the first civilization in the west-european sense.
    Many famous Artists and Politicians of Greece, like El-Greco, Venizelos
    and Kornaros were born in Crete.

    HERE ARE THE EXCELLENT IMPRESSIONS OF OUR ATTENDEES FOR CSCC 2000
    (*FIND THE WHOLE LIST (A REALLY IMPRESSIVE LIST)
    AT THE WEB PAGE OF THE CONFERENCE)
    Dear Professor Mastorakis

    The CSCC2000 Conference in Vouliagmeni, Greece was one of the best
    conferences that I have participated during my academic career. It was
    very
    well organized with parallel sessions and I certainly enjoyed the
    invited
    talks. There were plenty of very nice papers to listen to and I got lot
    of
    information from them. I was very impressed with the arrangement that
    you
    had made for the conference and I certainly commend you for this. The
    books
    turned out to be very nice and impressive and also the information on CD
    ROMS. MY OVERALL IMPRESSION OF THIS CONFERENCE IS A.

    Kind regards to you and your wife,

    Sincerely,

    Jai N. Dahiya
    Dr. Jai N. Dahiya
    Professor of Physics &
    Associate Dean, College of Science and Mathematics
    Southeast Missouri State University
    One University Plaza MS 6600
    Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
    Phone: (651)2390 Physics Office
                  (651)2163 Dean's office

    Dear Prof. Mastorakis,

    Please accept my sincere thanks and congratulations for successfully
    oganizing this conference. It has been a tremendous experience and
    privilige to be a part of this community, and I am enlightened by the
    wisdom as well as the friendship of the whole crowd of the meeting. All
    this would have not been possible without the leadership of the
    organizing
    Committee, and of course, Professor Mastorakis, your devotion is
    instrumental.

    Best regards.
    Ling Jun

    ---------------------------
    Dr. Ling Jun Wang
    Department of Physics, Geology and Astronomy
    University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
    Chattanooga, TN 37403
    Phone/Fax: 423-755-5348

    Dear Prof. Mastorakis

    First of all I would like to give my best congratulations to all
    organizers
    and participants of CSCC-MCP-MCME 2000. In my opinion your kind
    attention
    deserves a special gratitude.
    It is important to mention the high quality of the books and CD-ROMS
    prepared for this conference. Very good papers were wrote and presented.
    Many of them are really excellent ones.
    I also have to express how Greece is astonishingly beautiful.
    Additionally
    it was an unforgettable opportunity to appreciate the traditional Greek
    dances presented during the conference banquet.
    Yours, very truly

    Luiz Artur Pecorelli Peres
    State University of Rio de Janeiro - UERJ

    Dear Nikos,

    I have had an excellent impression from the Conference, from the
    organization
    point of view.
    The place is wonderful, the location of the Conf. more than appropriate.
    In particular the idea of devoting a day to "working groups" and "panel
    discussions" was very interesting and appealing.
    Surely I will partecipate, if possible, to the next Conference.

    Thank you very much for my nice weak in Greece!
    Best regards.
    Have a nice summer!

    Mauro Bisiacco

    Mauro Bisiacco
    Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informatica
    via Gradenigo, 6/A
    I-35131 PADOVA, ITALY

    Phone : 049 827 7608
    Fax : 049 827 7699

    Dear Prof. Mastorakis,

    I would like to express my great appreciation of the CSCC 2000
    Conference (July 10-15, Athens, Vouliagmeni) - which you organized
    excellent.

    I was satisfied by the quality of the research papers that were
    presented during the conference. I found a lot of ideas that are
    particularly interesting to me for my further scientific research.

    The whole organization of the conference was perfect. The CD-ROM
    Proceedings and WSES-Press International post-conference books are
    excellent and the quality of the published papers is high! The social
    part of your conference was excellent as well.

    I would like to congratulate you for your successful conferences and I
    am looking forward to the next one in 2001.

    Sincerely yours,

    Valeri Mladenov

    --
    dr. ir. Valeri Mladenov
    Mixed-signal Microelectronics Group

    Dear Professor Nikos E. Mastorakis,

    I left Athens with my best impressions. The conference was organized at very high level. I rank it with "Excellent" in all of its sectors (Scintific part, organization, proceedings, post-conference books, banquet, excursion, etc...). We obtained the CD-rom proceedings and post conference books which were prepared excellently. We rested in Athens and had new friends. For this reason, I express my thanks to you and all of the organizers. I wish to see you in new conferences. Best regards,

    Elbrous Jafarov Professor Istanbul Technical University

    5th WSES CSCC (CSCC 2001) CHAIR: ================================ ANTONIOU G. (Program Co-Chairman), Montclair State University, NJ, USA.

    MASTORAKIS N., (Honorary Chairman), Military Institutions of University Education, Hellenic Naval Academy, Greece.

    KOHONEN T. (Honorary Chairman), Helsinki University of Technology, Academy of Finland. Finland.

    NOVAK M., (Program Co-Chairman), Technical University of Prague, Checz.

    LING JUN WANG, (US Liaison), University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. USA

    ZADEH L., (Honorary Chairman), University of California, Berkeley, USA.

    CSCC 2001 MULTICONFERENCE STRUCTURE:

    5th WSES CSCC (CSCC 2001) will be composed by four independent World meetings:

    * 5th World Conference on Circuits

    Subject Matter Covered By Meeting: Fundamental Theory, Network Theory and Applications, Electronics: Components, Devices, Systems. Silicon Devices: Technology, Modeling, Reliability. Optoelectronic Devices, Electron Devices for Control and Robotics, Electron Devices for Power Technology, High Voltages and Electric Machines. Device Physics. Physical Design. High-Level Synthesis and Testing. Non-Linear Circuits. Formal Verification. Semiconductors. Superconductivity Circuits, Computer-Aided Design. Microelectronics, Microcircuits. Very Large Scale Integration Systems (VLSI), Applications. Military Electronics, Electronics for Space exploration, Consumer Electronics, Circuits in Power Technology, Electron Devices for Video Technology. Circuits for Antennas Technology. Electron Devices and Systems for Radar and Sonar Systems. Circuit Models, Electrical and Electronic Measurement, Instrumentation. Laser and Optical Systems. Sensor Technology. Instrument-Computer Interface. Circuits for Industrial Applications. Circuit models for Electromagnetic Fields. Electronics for Signal Processing and other Applications.

    INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE of the 5th World Conference on Circuits

    ***** CHUA L. (Honorary Chairman, USA) AHMAD S.(USA)

    ARAI T. (Japan)

    BELLANGER M. (France)

    BIRDWELL D. (USA)

    CHATTERJEE P. (USA)

    CHOMA J. (USA)

    van der HOUWEN P.J. (Netherlands)

    GONOS I. (Greece)

    IKOMA T. (USA)

    JAGADISH C. (USA)

    JAMSHIDI M. (USA)

    JOHNSTON D. (USA)

    MIURA H. (Japan)

    MLADENOV V. (Bulgaria)

    MUKAIDONO M. (Japan)

    MORCEGO-SEIX B. (Spain)

    KASPRZAK L. (USA)

    NEWCOMB R. (USA)

    NOUR ELDIN H.A. (Germany)

    NOVAK F. (Slovenia)

    OLIVIER G. (Canada)

    PATTON R. (UK)

    PERFILIEVA I. (Russia)

    PIN F. (USA)

    SANDBERG I. (USA)

    TEGHEM J. (Belgium)

    VISWANATHAN C. (USA)

    WATANABE K. (Japan)

    WHITE K.P. (USA)

    XU J.M. (Canada)

    YAMAKAWA T. (Japan)

    YANG T. (Sweden)

    YU P.K.L. (USA)

    YURKOVICH S. (USA)

    * 5th World Conference on Systems

    Subject Matter Covered By Meeting: Systems Theory, Control Systems, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Fuzzy Systems, Neural Networks, VLSI Realization of Neural Networks, Computational Intelligence in Systems Theory, Knowledge Modelling, Decision Support Systems, Hierarchical Control Systems, Aerospace Systems, Lightwave Engineering, Stochastic Systems, Non-linear Systems, Telecommunication Systems, Information Systems, Signal Processing Systems, Multidimensional Systems,Multivariable systems, Hybrid Systems, Multirate Systems, Speech and Image Processing Systems, Discrete Event Dynamic Systems, Manufacturing Systems, Decentralised Systems, Remote Sensing, Microelectromechanical Systems, Human-Machine Systems. Environment Modeling. Sonar and underwater acoustic systems. Undersea Systems. Navigation and Tracking Systems. Space Systems. Wavelets. Systems Techniques for Wireless Applications. Filter design. Verification and Validation. Systems for Statistical Signal and Array Processing.

    INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE of the 5th World Conference on Systems ***** VIDYASAGAR M. (Honorary Chairman,USA) ACKERMANN J. (Germany)

    ANDERSON P. (USA)

    ANDINA D. (Spain)

    ANTONELLI P.L. (Canada)

    ARAKI M. (Japan)

    BALCHEN J.G. (Norway)

    BELBAS S. (USA)

    BIOLEK D. (Czech R.)

    BISIACCO M. (Italy)

    BOSE N.K. (USA)

    BODE A. (Germany)

    BODSON M. (USA)

    CAMARINHA-MATOS L. (Portugal)

    CASSANDRAS C. (USA)

    CAUDELL T. (USA)

    CHASSIAKOS A. (USA)

    CHEN C. (USA)

    CHEN J. (China)

    CHO HYUNG SUCK (Korea)

    COOLEY D. (USA)

    De CHAMPLAIN M. (New Zeland)

    DECRETONI M. (Belgium)

    ER M.J. (Singapore)

    FOREST G. (USA)

    FUKUDA T. (Japan)

    FRANK P.M. (Germany)

    GUPTA M. (Canada)

    GRUVER W. (Canada)

    JAKEMAN A. (Australia)

    HARRIS C. (UK)

    HATVANI L. (Hungary)

    HIROTA K. (Japan)

    ISIDORI A. (Italy)

    KAHNE S. (USA)

    KLAMKA J. (Poland)

    KORBICZ J. (Poland)

    KOUCERA V. (Checz)

    KOUMBOULIS F. (Greece)

    KYPRIANIDIS I. (Greece)

    KWAKERNAAK H. (Netherlands)

    LAKSHMIKANTHAM V. (USA)

    LAPORTE G. (Canada)

    LINARDIS P. (Greece)

    LEWIS F. (USA)

    MALAGARDIS I. (Greece)

    MANSOUR M. (Switzerland)

    MISRA P. (USA)

    MELCHIORRI C. (Italy)

    NGUYEN C. (USA)

    NORCIO A. (USA)

    POULARIKAS A. (USA)

    RELJIN B. (Yugoslavia)

    ROSS T. (USA)

    ROUCAIROL C. (France)

    RICHARD J.-P. (France)

    SILJAK D.D. (USA)

    SILVA C.W.de (Canada)

    SKELTON R. (USA)

    STEELE N. (UK)

    STONE E. (USA)

    SUGENO M. (Japan)

    TARALOVA I. (Irland)

    TEO K. (Austria)

    TROCH I. (Austria)

    TURNER P. (USA)

    VAMOS T. (Hungary)

    VILLA A. (Italy)

    VRAHATIS M. (Greece)

    WARVICK K. (UK)

    WEN C. (China)

    * 5th World Conference on Communications

    Subject Matter Covered By Meeting: Modern Communications. Microwaves. Polarization effects in materials. Wave-guides. Microwave propagation. Ferrites devices. Cavities. Microwave Circuits, Periodic Structures and Filters. Tubes, Masers, Amplifiers, Antennas. Scattering. Propagation. Optical Fiber Systems. Communication Electronics, Radio Engineering. Satellite Communications, Radar Systems. Applied Electromagnetism. Signal Processing for Wireless Communication. Computational Techniques for Electromagnetic Fields. Physical Layer. ISDN. Computer Networks. Architectural Aspects. ATM Networks. Protocols, Queuing Theory and Communications. Traffic Problems. Internet. WWW. Programming Techniques in Communications Networks. Simulation Techniques in Telecommunications. Applications of Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic and Genetic Algorithms in Communications. Military Applications. Cryptography. Applications.

    INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE of the 3rd World Conference on Communications ***** VENETSANOPOULOS A. (Honorary Chairman,USA) AL-DEHLAAN A. (Saudi Arabia)

    ANDRIYCHUK M. (Ukraine)

    BOUCHON-MEUNIER B. (France)

    BOJKOVIC Z. (Yugoslavia)

    CONSTANDINIDES A. (UK)

    COWAN C.F.N. (UK)

    CRUZ-ROLDAN F. (Spain)

    GIANNAKIS G. (USA)

    FORNASINI E. (Italy)

    GULIVER A. (New Zeland)

    GUIZANI M. (USA)

    GOREZ R. (Belgium)

    HENRIKSEN R. (Norway)

    HUGHES G. (USA)

    INGGS M. (South Africa)

    KOSKO B.(USA)

    KUMMERT A. (Germany)

    KUNTMAN H. (Turkey)

    KWONG W. (USA)

    MANIKOPOULOS C. (USA)

    MASULLI F. (Italy) MILSTEIN B. (USA)

    PANFILOV O. (USA)

    PEI S.-C. (Taiwan)

    POOR V. (USA)

    PROAKIS J. (USA)

    PULIAFITO A. (Italy)

    RAD C. (Korea)

    RAMER A. (Austria)

    SAHIN V. (USA)

    RHEE F.C.-H.(Korea)

    RIGANTI R. (Italy)

    SAULNIER G. (USA)

    SARACCO R.(Italy)

    SCHWARZ H.(Germany)

    SKARABOTTOLO N. (Italy)

    ULEMA M. (USA)

    VAANDRAGER F. (Netherlands)

    VARDY A. (USA)

    YEN KANG (USA)

    YOSHIDA M. (Japan)

    * 5th World Conference on Computers

    Subject Matter Covered By Meeting: Software Engineering, Data Structures, File Structures and Design, Data Bases, Compilers, Knowledge and Data Technology, Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, File Structures for on-line Systems, Operating Systems, Parallel and Distributed Systems , Information Systems, Management and Economic Systems. Multimedia, Complexity Theory, Computing Theory. Numerical and Semi-Numerical Algorithms, Computers in Armed Forces, Object-Oriented Programming, Parallel Programming, Computerised Signal Processing, Computer Graphics, Computational Geometry, Numerical Analysis, Finite Elements, Genetic Algorithms, Game Theory, Operations Research, Optimization Techniques, Real Time Systems, Virtual Reality, Computer Vision, Computer Algebra, Symbolic Computation, Simulation, Adaptive and Learning Systems, Classification, Identification, Chaos Fractals and Bifurcations, Graph theory. Analysis and design tools, simulation, modeling and emulation, Fault analysis. Hardware Engineering, Microprocessors, Computer Architecture, Special Topics and applications.

    INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE of the 5th World Conference on Computers ***** KAILATH T. (Honorary Chairman,USA) ADAM G. (Greece)

    BATZIAS F. (Greece)

    BEN GHALIA M. (USA)

    BOTHE H.-H. (Denmark)

    BUYYA R. (Australia)

    CANU S. (France)

    CAPELLINI V. (Italy)

    CHEN Philip C.L.(USA)

    CHAN Y.-T. (Canada)

    COIFFER P. (France)

    COOPER A. (USA)

    DAUCHEZ P. (France)

    DLAY S. (UK)

    GERAKOULIS D.

    FET Y.I. (Russia)

    FILIP F.G. (Romania)

    GORI M. (Italy)

    HAEFKE C. (USA)

    HAMADA M. (Japan)

    HAIMES Y. (USA)

    HENZINGER T. (USA)

    HINAMOTO T. (Japan)

    ITO K. (Japan)

    JARVIS R. (Australia)

    JENSEN C.S. (Denmark)

    KALPIC D. (Croatia)

    KARPLUS W. (USA)

    KARRAY F. (Canada)

    KATAGIRI S. (Japan)

    KOUTSOUPIAS N. (Greece)

    LAMBADARIS I. (Canada)

    LAPLANTE P. (USA)

    LEE MIKE MYUNG-OK (Korea)

    MACIEJEWSKI A. (USA)

    MACKWORTH A. (Canada)

    MAGGINI M. (Italy)

    MICHALEWICZ Z.(USA)

    MILLIGAN P. (UK)

    MIMINIS G. (Canada)

    NIKRAVESH M. (USA)

    OJA E. (Finland)

    OOMMEN B. (Canada)

    O'NEIL P. (USA)

    PATTIPATI K.(USA)

    PIURI V. (Italy)

    POBIL A.P. (Spain)

    PROVATIDIS C. (Greece)

    RAO G.P. (Arabic Emirates)

    RUAN D. (Belgium)

    SAGE A. (USA)

    SILC J. (Slovenia)

    SKARPETIS M. (Greece)

    SRIMANI P.K. (USA)

    STILMAN B. (USA)

    SZCZEPANIAK P. (Poland)

    TIEN J. (USA)

    VASSILYEV S. (Russia)

    VEGLIS A. (Greece)

    WESTPHALL C. (Brazil)

    YAGER R. (USA)

    ZIAVRAS S. (USA)

    ______________________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe, write to www.worldses.org-unsubscribe@listbot.com -------------------------------------------------------------------- If you ever want to remove yourself from this mailing list, you can send mail to <Majordomo@EECS.Berkeley.EDU> with the following command in the body of your email message: unsubscribe bisc-group or from another account, unsubscribe bisc-group <your_email_adress>