BISC: CALL FOR PAPERS FOR ISF 2001 -- The 21st International Symposium on

From: Masoud Nikravesh (nikravesh@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 13:33:23 MET

    Berkeley Initiative in Soft Computing (BISC)

    CALL FOR PAPERS FOR ISF 2001 -- The 21st International Symposium on
    Forecasting
            [Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, Georgia, USA, June 17-20, 2001

    I am organizing a track of FUZZY SETS, FUZZY-NEURO,and related
    computational intelligence tools applications to Forecasting at the
    forthcoming international conference on Forecasting to be held in beautiful
    Calloway Gardens resort, outside Atlanta, Georgia. Come and dialog with
    colleagues as you enjoy the famous Southern hospitality of our region.

    There are numerous problems and opportunities for researchers and other
    professionals in forecasting to interact and dialog as they address
    critical and important real world problems.

    If interested in contributing or chairing a Session, please e-mail me and
    send your abstracts as well as indication of your interests no later than
    December 29, 2000.

    A glimpse of the areas covered and the sponsoring organization can be found
    in the information below. Additionally, you can visit our web site at:
    http://www.isf2001.org

    ISF is the leading international conference on forecasting, organized by
    the International Institute of Forecasters.
    These conferences typically engage 300-400 academics and practicing
    forecasters.

    The objective of ISF2001 is to communicate new forecasting methods and
    applications to researchers and practitioners.
    The theme is the Future of Forecasting. Areas include:
    * Business forecasting issues [operations, logistics, marketing, etc.]
    * Econometrics and economic forecasting
    * Time series statistics
    * Demographic forecasting
    * Judgement in forecasting
    * All forecasting applications
    * Technology forecasting

    ISF topics also include:
    Accuracy in forecasting, Business Cycles, Environmental, Finance, Forecast
    Evaluation, Fuzzy Forecasting, Inflation,
    Leading Indicators, Method Selection, Neural Networks, Qualitative
    forecasting, Sales & Marketing, Software, Standards
    & Practices, Strategic Planning, Supply Chain, and Telecommunications
    forecasting.

     the General Chair for the Conference is Alan Porter, Industrial
    Engineering & Public Policy, Georgia Tech,
    Tel: 404-894-2330, e-mail: alan.porter@isye.gatech.edu
    -The Program Chair is Russ Heikes, P Industrial Engineering, Georgia Tech,
    Tel: 404 894-2331, e-mail: russell.heikes@isye.gatech.edu
    and the ISF2001 Director is Xiao-Yin Jin, Technology Policy & Assessment
    Center, Georgia Tech,
    Tel: 404 894-6703, e-mail: j.xiyiu@isye.gatech.edu

    Please let me hear from you indicating your interest and forwarding your
    abstract.

    Augustine O. Esogbue, Chair, Track on Fuzzy Forecasting
    Professor & Director, Intelligent Systems and Controls Laboratory
    School of Industrial and Systems Engineering,
    Georgia Tech, Atlanta, GA 30332-0205