MESA Fuzzy Function-Use Thereof

Subject: MESA Fuzzy Function-Use Thereof
From: Paul Victor Birke (nonlinear@home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 12:19:05 MET

Hi All !!

In the third figure of the following

http://dieoff.com/synopsis.htm

you can see what I have called as a MESA Fuzzy Function. Originally
they were developed to estimate competitors' prices as a possibility
density function. There are incorporating a uniform portion and within
that region, the price was >>informationless<<. This is bounder by High
and Low. The outside boundaries are Ultra High and Ultra Low. Here you
can see the market build up as some kind of near Gaussian overall
function from the various individual MESA functions. The Gaussian sums
to 1.0 as do all the individual MESA density functions.

I just saw the figure in passing from physics NG and thought I would
bring the example over here. It was something I was very proud of 4
years ago.

Paul V. Birke, P. Eng.
NN Researcher in Guelph ON CANADA